Welcome to my Speech Pathology clinic: a small independent practice based in my home at Dernancourt.
My particular areas of experience and interest are communication (speech & language) development, social-emotional development, and play.
I assess and provide therapy for young children needing extra support to:
- understand language
- follow instructions
- use words
- use speech sounds
- communicate effectively
- use more complex language
- connect with others
- understand big feelings
- feel safe and secure
- listen and attend
- develop play skills
- stay at activities for longer
- develop social skills
- build self-esteem
- increase imagination and creativity
- confidently explore their world
My clinic is appropriate for young children with diagnoses such as:
- speech delay and disorder,
- language delay and disorder (receptive and expressive),
- developmental delay,
- sensory processing disorder
- behavioural difficulties.
I will refer to other allied health and medical professionals as required.
I currently offer appointments on Mondays, Wednesdays and Thursdays by prior arrangement.
Home visits can be negotiated.
No referral is required. I welcome enquiries from families and referrers.
More detailed information regarding the assessment process can be provided on enquiry.